WhisperKOOL 5000tiR Extreme Self Contained Cooling Unit
The Extreme Series was designed with easy installation in mind. The Extremes and the SC Series do not require an HVAC-R technician for installation. There are three different versions of our extreme units:
- Extreme tiR fully ducted (FD): This product is intended for fully ducted installations. Fully ducted units are for customers who don’t want to see their unit in the cellar. The duct plenums for the evaporator and condenser will be included with your purchase. This unit also comes with a KDT Plus remote controller and thermostat. The controller can be mounted outside the cellar, allowing you to monitor your cellar temperature without needing to enter. The controller can be mounted up to 50 feet away from the Extreme unit.
NOTE: If you are planning to place this unit in the attic and use ducting, please contact our sales team for pricing. You may not need ducting equipment for the condenser side of the system.
- Extreme tiR Self Contained: This product is intended for through-the-wall installations. It is an “upgrade” to the Extreme ti because it uses the KDT Plus remote controller and thermostat. The duct plenums for the evaporator and condenser can be purchased separately. The controller can be mounted outside the cellar, allowing you to monitor your cellar temperature without needing to enter. The controller can be mounted up to 50 feet away from the Extreme unit.
NOTE: If this unit will be installed through an exterior wall, you will need to purchase an exterior housing to protect the unit. If this unit will be installed through an interior wall, the hot air exhaust may be redirected to another location using the condenser ducting plenum kit.
- Extreme ti: This product functions in the same way as the tiR and is intended for through-the-wall installation. The difference between the ti and tiR is that the controller and display will be located on the front face of the unit. In order to monitor your cellar conditions, you will need to physically enter your cellar.
*PLEASE NOTE: WhisperKOOL does not provide smart thermostat. By selecting the 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit, you have acknowledged that the system will not be built with the standard WhisperKOOL control or liquid measuring bottle probe. You will have to source and purchase your own 24V smart thermostat to run the equipment. The WhisperKOOL Customer Satisfaction Team does not provide technical support for smart thermostats.
Cellar Size: Approx. 1250 cu. ft. when cellar is fully insulated and sealed with a proper vapor barrier (each wine cellar is unique and has specific cooling requirements; heat load calculations should always be performed prior to selecting a cooling unit)
BTU/h w/85°F air entering condenser coil: 3794
Dimensions: 28"L x 14.25"W x 15.75"H
Refrigeration Tons: 0.34
Voltage Rating: 115V (20-amp dedicated circuit required); 230V (subject to availability)
Weight: 115 lbs
Amps: 9 (running amps)
Duct Size: 8" supply, 8" return (evaporator and condenser)
Drain Line: 3/8" ID clear plastic tubing
Installation: Can be installed up to 25 duct feet away from cellar
Thermostat: Advanced digital display (50-ft. cable), liquid-temperature-measuring bottle probe (50-ft. cable)
Temp. Delta: Can maintain a 55°F cellar temperature with up to 110°F condenser air intake temperature
- Variable-speed fans
- Reliable starting and running performance, even under the most extreme outdoor conditions
- Fits neatly between wall studs for quick and simple installation
- Cooling unit can be located up to 25 ducted feet from the cellar
- Remote digital display with 50-ft. cable
- Quiet operation technology delivers sound levels as low as 51 db
- 55°F temperature differential
- Standard and 24V thermostat options available
Introducing our new 24-volt thermostat conversion kit for WhisperKOOL split systems!
Utilize industry-leading technology from major manufacturers to monitor the environment of your cellar. (See individual thermostat manufacturers’ websites for details.)
- Connect your thermostat to Wi‑Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Monitor run time and energy usage.
- Set alarm notifications.
- View your cellar conditions from your mobile device.
The use of the 24-volt thermostat conversion kit eliminates the thermostat normally included with the system and allows your contractor to select, purchase and install the thermostat technology of your choice, including but not limited to Nest, Ecobee, and Honeywell.
By selecting the 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit, you have acknowledged that the system will not be built with the standard WhisperKOOL control or liquid measuring bottle probe. You will have to source and purchase your own 24V thermostat to run the equipment.
- Not utilizing the thermostat from WhisperKOOL also eliminates the use of the bottle probe.
- WhisperKOOL does not provide smart thermostats. Those must be purchased separately.
- WhisperKOOL customer service staff do not provide technical support for customers’ selected thermostats.
WhisperKOOL Series Accessories:
A ducted system has more installation options than a self-contained system. The unit may be installed up to 25 ducted feet from the cellar, with the cool air flowing to the cellar and the heat exhaust ducted to the outside of the home. Ducting is also a more aesthetic choice for wine collectors who do not want to see a cooling unit in the cellar. Noise from the unit will be reduced or eliminated, depending on the installation.
Outside Venting:Can be done if the outside temperature does not exceed 110℉, the external grille cover is highly recommended.
Manuals & Guides
A limited 2-year parts and labor / 5-year compressor warranty is offered with all of our cooling units/systems at their date of purchase. All warranty claims must be filed directly through WhisperKool customer service (800) 343-9463 (ext. 799). We provide warranty repairs at our manufacturing facility in Stockton, CA or, with prior permission from WhisperKool, by a licensed HVAC/R technician. In the event a unit is not reparable in the field, and is still under warranty, we will cover shipping costs (excluding customs fees and duties).
The limited warranty applies only to wine cooling units purchased from the factory or an authorized dealer. Damage caused by others or beyond the control of WhisperKool, shall not be considered defects in material or workmanship and is not covered by the warranty. The limited warranty does not cover any parts or labor to correct any defect caused by negligence, commercial use, accident, maintenance, installation, service/repair, or improper use.