CellarPro 1800H Houdini 220V / 50Hz Cooling Unit #27247
CellarPro's 1800H 220V / 50Hz cooling unit (1/6 Ton Nominal) is the first cooling unit designed specifically for glass-enclosed wine cellars.
This cooling unit is designed for 220V / 50Hz environments only. It should not be used in 60Hz environments (eg North America).
- Shallow height and depth
- Fits shallow glass enclosures
- 267mm D x 254mm H
- 927mm W
- Can be placed inside the cellar, atop the cellar, partially installed in the cellar ceiling, or completely remote from the cellar (requires duct kit)
- Choice of airflows for cold side
- Intake from bottom or left side
- Exhaust from bottom or front side
- Air deflector optional
- Choice of airflows for hot side
- Intake from top or right side
- Exhaust from the rear or the top side (the top exhaust offers 2 orientations)
- Air deflector optional
- Variable-speed fans with independent controls
- Cooling unit can be ducted on hot, cold or both sides
- Oversized stainless-steel drain pan with 100W heating element
- Included as standard equipment
- No drain line required for properly constructed, airtight cellars
- Optional overflow drain fitting and 10' flexible drain line
- Choice of power source
- Side or rear
- Removable 10-ft cord
- Optional remote display
- Optional bottle probe
If the cooling unit is partially or fully exposed to an environment outside the cellar, especially if the cooling unit will be located in an unconditioned or warm, humid environment, we recommend insulating the left 13-inches (330mm) of the cooling unit with 1-inch closed-cell foam insulation (R-4 or better).
CellarPro 1800H Houdini 220V / 50Hz Cooling Unit (P/N 27247). CellarPro engineered the 1800H cooling unit specifically for shallow-depth glass wine cellars.
Just 267mm deep and 254mm tall, the 1800H Houdini cooling unit is designed to "disappear" inside - or atop - the cellar. Dual independent variable-speed fans offer flexibility to trade-off between super-quiet operation vs maximum performance.
For example, assuming 23.9C ambient temperature, R13 insulation in the non-glass walls and no ducting, the 1800H 220V / 50Hz cooling unit would work in the following cellars:
Glass Sq M
|6'w x 2 1/2'd x 9'h||3.9||5.0 (Front Wall)||Single||15.6C||1735|
|7'w x 2 1/2'd x 10'h||5.0||6.5 (Front Wall)||Double||12.8C||1681|
|7'w x 2 1/2'd x 10'h||5.0||11.2 (Front & Side Walls)||Double||14.4C||1922|
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar.
Variable-speed fans with independent control provide maximum flexibility and versatility, as follows:
- Variable fan speed for the cold side
- Provides cooling flexibility
- Low fan speed: 1520 BTUH @ 12.8C / 10.6C lowest achievable cellar temperature
- High fan speed: 1731 BTUH @ 12.8C / 8.3C lowest achievable cellar temperature
- Variable fan speed for the hot side
- Choose between performance vs noise
- Low fan speed: 49 dBA / 29.4C maximum intake temperature
- High fan speed: 55 dBA / 35C maximum intake temperature
- Cold side:
- Up to 15.24 equivalent meters (7.62 meters per duct) with 152.4mm insulated ducting
- Intake from the left / exhaust from the front
- Hot side:
- Up to 15.24 equivalent meters (7.62 meters per duct) and 29.4C maximum intake temperature (no auxiliary fan required)
- Up to 30.48 equivalent meters (15.24 meters per duct) and 35C maximum intake temperature (requires auxiliary fan)
- Ducting requires CellarPro duct equipment (sold separately)
- This unit can be configured to pull fresh air ranging from -29C to 35C. If the unit's location does not provide sufficient room for the unit's exhaust to dissipate and/or fresh air to be provided, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit. Fresh air intake below 4.4C will require the addition of a compressor heater, and fresh air intake below -6.7C also will require the addition of a fan cycling switch.
- The unit must be placed indoors in an area that is above 0C.
- Dual high-output fans come with independent variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or super-quiet operation (49 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Custom coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed with a high-capacity stainless steel condensate pan and 100W electric heating element.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 8.3C to 16.7C when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- With dual power sources and a 3-meter power cord, the unit can be plugged into a receptacle from either the rear or right side of the cooling unit, providing flexibility for most installations.
- Common 220V/50Hz/1Ph dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- Mounting brackets, included as standard equipment, ensure easy installation.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 2-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- Capacity:1731 BTUH @ 12.8C
- Sizing:Click here to view sizing table
- Size:927w x 267d x 254h (mm)
- Weight:80 lb
- Power/Rating:220V AC / 50 Hz
- Startup (LRA): 13.5 Amps
- Unit Amp Rating: 2.82 Amps
- Total Watts with Fans on High: 420
- Total Watts with Fans on Low: 404
- Compatible with Dedicated 220V/50Hz/1Ph 15-Amp Circuit
BTUH @ 12.8C:
- Low Fan Speed: 1520 BTUH
- High Fan Speed: 1731 BTUH
1/4 Ton Nominal
- Warranty:2 Years (Entire System)
Click on one of the following links for more information:
- Spec Sheet
- Owner's Manual
- Airflow Cutouts
- Control Locations
- Dimensions Cut Sheet
- Duct Hood Drawings - As Ducted
- Ducting Installation Best Practices
- Configuration Options
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Duct Hood (Hot or Cold Side) #25563 and Kit #25562: permits the cooling unit to be located remotely, up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar (cold side), and allows you to install the unit in a small space with limited airflow, up to 50 equivalent feet
- Duct Kits are the same as Duct Hoods, and also include 2 x 25-feet of 6-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations that are not airtight, a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the the cooling unit (#1606).
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper intallation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit
- CellarPro 1800H cooling units are self-contained, fully-charged units designed to be attached to the ceiling inside the cellar, or above the cellar.
- 1800H units also can be located remotely from the cellar with the addition of one of our front duct packages. Offered with or without insulated flex ducting, in a choice of configurations for low or high humidity conditions, our front duct packages allow these cooling units to be ducted up to 15.24 equivalent meters away from the cellar and requires 152mm (or greater) ducting from start to finish.
- When calculating equivalent feet, each 90-degree turn counts for 2.4 meters.
- For remote or inaccessible installations, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- 1800H cooling units require fresh air intake without interference from the unit's hot air exhaust. If sufficient space does not exist to provide fresh air, you may need our hot-side duct kit.
- If the fresh air intake (on the hot side) will pull air below below 4.4C, the cooling unit will require our Compressor Heater (P/N 1727) .
- If the fresh air intake (on the hot side) will pull air below -6.7C down to -29C, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- The cooling unit should never be exposed to temperatures below 0C.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.