Good morning, wine lovers! At Vintage Cellars, we know you love wine, and we're pretty sure you love California, too (we sure do!). There are dozens of fantastic wine events in California--in fact, you could probably go to a different California wine event every day for the rest of the summer if you really wanted to. Unfortunately, if you're anything like us, you simply don't have the time for a wine event per day. But we're here to help. Here's a list of some upcoming California wine events you might want to visit.
- Magic & Wine: Really! On August 5 in Malibu, you can hit a wine tasting followed by a David Minkin magic performance. This unusual wine event only has a few tickets left, but other dates are available.
- Make a Wish: Drink wine for a good cause. On August 12 in Ventura, you can taste from a list of 100+ wines and bid in a silent auction, all to benefit the Make A Wish foundation.
- Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival: From August 9-12, the LA Food & Wine festival will be dishing out fabulous food and wonderful wines. Wolfgang Puck is already sold out, but there's lots of other options available including Asian themed and caviar events. Check out the lineup--this is about 15 wine events in one!
- San Diego Wine Classic: Right here in San Diego, this one's a bit further off but that just gives you time to plan! November 14-18 in San Diego, it's billed as being the largest Southern California wine event. There's a detailed calendar on the website, and it looks like there's something for everyone.
- Cabernet: If you're into Cabernets, this one might be for you. It's a pre-release tasting of two 96 point Cabs: the 2009 Robert Craig Mt. Veeder and Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignons. August 29 in Carlsbad.
- 5 Course Dinner Tasting: Also on the 29th, Groth Vineyards is having a 5 course dinner and wine tasting in the Normal Heights area of San Diego. Also heavy on Cabernets!
- Foxen Winemaker Dinner: August 12 in San Diego, Wine Vault & Bistro is hosting a tasting dinner. The food and wine menu are both available and it sounds like a truly delicious evening.
If you're looking for a great wine event in southern California, these are all great picks. There's also an extensive calendar of SoCal wine events (as well as other regions) at this website.
Have you been to a recent wine event in California, or know of a San Diego event we missed that's a must-drink? Tell us about it in the comments!