WhisperKOOL's Cold Weather Start Kit was designed exclusively in cases where WhisperKOOL split-systems' condensing unit will be installed in extremely cold environments. WhisperKOOL split systems are designed to adapt to almost any type of install, as the condensing unit can be located in locations such as a basement, mechanical room, back yard, or even a rooftop. Our split systems were designed to operate with the condensing unit exposed to temperatures between 20℉ and 110℉. However, there are some areas in the country that may drop below 20℉. Due to these conditions WhisperKOOL designed the Cold Weather Start Kit.
When the outside temperatures drop, the pressure in the system drops as well. This presents a challenge because WhisperKOOL systems operate using a pump down cycle and a low pressure switch to turn the compressor on and off. However, when the temperature drops below 20℉ the pressure in the system is too low to start the compressor. The use of an electronic bypass is needed to start the compressor and temperature controlled heaters installed on the receiver are needed to raise the pressure in the system to optimal levels. The WhisperKOOL Cold Weather Start Kit will solve this, it will bypass the low pressure switch on startup and keep the pressure in the system high enough to operate correctly for environments as cold as -15℉.
It is important that the cooling system stays operational during cold weather conditions, as heating the house using the central HVAC system will indirectly increase the temperature of the wine cellar. This kit will ensure that the cooling system will continue to operate efficiently in cold weather environments to maintain an optimal wine storage temperature.
The WhisperKOOL Cold Weather Start Kit can be ordered as an upgrade on a new unit from the factory, or as an option for an already installed unit, which comes with instructions to guide a technician through the install.
- Installation comes with instructions to guide a technician through the install.
Manual & Guides
- Platinum Mini Split Installation Instructions
- Platinum Split 4000 (before 1/07/2015) Installation Instructions
- Platinum Split 4000 (after 1/07/2015) Installation Instructions
- Platinum Split 8000 (after 1/07/2015) Installation Instructions
- Mini Ceiling Mount Installation Instructions
- Ceiling Mount 4000 (before 1/07/2015) Installation Instructions
No Reviews Yet
- Platinum Mini Split [$0.00]
- Platinum Split 4000 (before 01/07/15) [$0.00]
- Platinum Split 4000 (after 01/07/15) [$16.00]
- Platinum Split 8000 (after 01/07/15) [$8.00]
- Mini Ceiling Mount [$0.00]
- Ceiling Mount 4000 (before 01/07/15) [$0.00]
- Ceiling Mount 4000 (after 01/07/15) [$16.00]
- Ceiling Mount 8000 (after 01/07/15) [$8.00]