The Transtherm Double Bastide Glass Door Black has two digital thermostats, one on each side, allow you to set and monitor your wine collection at the touch of a button. Its humidity control systems not only reduce excess humidity, but also allow you to increase the humidity level by adding water to the system. The Double Bastide wine cellar has one temperature zone on each side, and is perfect for storing and chilling your wine collection. Each unit is backed by a 5-year manufacturer's limited warranty on the compressor.
Note: The Double Bastide wine cellar comes standard with 8 universal wood shelves that can be used as fixed shelves for maximum bottle capacity, or sliding for maximum convenience. Additional shelving is available for purchase.
Placement Requirements: Bastide wine cabinets require 4 inches of clearance behind the cabinet, and are designed to operate in environments ranging between 55 - 95F.
The Transtherm Bastide wine cellar gives your wine all that's needed for perfect storage without breaking the bank.
- Reinforced Insulation: The walls of the Transtherm Castel cabinets are made of three successive thermal barriers. The internal walls are made of strong and odorless insulating shock resistant polystyrene, which absorbs any vibrations from the compressor. The robust and aesthetically decorative exterior walls are reinforced at the corners by insulating sections. The 4.5cm thick high density expanded foam which is injected, ensures optimal insulation. Transtherm cabinets thus have a rigidity adapted to wine bottle storage and thermal stability worthy of the best natural cellars.
- Automatic Temperature Control: When the ambient temperature rises above the ideal wine conservation temperature, a cold circuit, driven by a very slow cycle compressor mounted on silent-blocks, automatically comes into action. The cold circuit coil, made of aluminum, is within the aluminum back wall of the cabinet, for a better temperature distribution. In the case of a drop of temperature, an electrical resistance, which is also within the back wall, will come into action and automatically increase the temperature.
- Adapted Humidity: Bottle corks need specific hygrometric conditions in order not to dry out. The thermal pump (a Transtherm exclusive) allows hot humid air to be obtained automatically. Natural condensation on the back wall records a hygrometric value between 55% - 80%.
- Natural Ventilation: In order to avoid the mold phenomenon, which would generate bad odors and risk deteriorating the corks, the Transtherm's Castel has natural permanent ventilation, based on the same principal as the thermal pump.
- Absence of Vibrations: Choosing slow and balanced compressors, as well as disassociating them from the cabinet's body, allows the elimination of all residual vibrations.
- Cabinets: The technical specifications used endow Transtherm Castel wine cabinets with perfect wine preservation conditions, follow the example of natural cellars. Your wine will improve for your optimum pleasure. The quality of the material, the display ergonomics and the contemporary design make Transtherm wine cabinets the ideal solution for safeguarding your precious collection.
- Thermal Pump: The thermal pump process, (a Transtherm exclusive), by heating the condensed water, allows the introduction of humid air within the cabinet and considerably increases the hygrometry value between 55% - 80%. This principle gives the cabinet natural ventilation and constant air circulation.
- Thermal Regulation: Transtherm Castel cabinets are equipped with an electronic temperature regulation system, specifically designed for this purpose. The sensitivity and precision of this regulation operates either the cold or hot circuit at the right moment, and as quickly as possible, in order to maintain, with an external temperature between 0 - 35℃ / 32 - 95℉, a maximum temperature variation of 2-3℉ inside the wine cabinet. All Transtherm cabinets are equipped with a temperature setting and control panel, featuring a LED display.
- Height 72 in
- Width 53 1/2 in
- Depth 26 3/4 in
- Capacity 534 Bottles
- Weight 504 lbs.
- Single temperature zone for storing red wine or chilling white wine and sparkling wine
- Electronic temperature regulation system maintains a maximum temperature variation of 2℉ to 3℉ inside the wine cabinet
- Sliding wood shelves provide easy access to racked bottles (up to 13 bottles per shelf)
- Fixed wood shelves allow maximum storage capacity (up to 78 bottles per shelf)
- Ultra-quiet design
- Thermal pump (a Transtherm exclusive) recycles condensation and maintains humidity between 55% - 80%
- Natural ventilation avoids mold and bad odors
- Absence of vibrations through slow and balanced compressors that are disassociated from the cabinet's body
Warranty: 1-Year Limited Warranty - Parts and Labor
5-Year Limited Warranty - Compressor
Manual & Guides
No Reviews Yet
- Wine Storage Cabinets