CellarPro's AH8500SCh ducted cooling units (1 Ton Nominal) are suitable for wine cellars up to 2,500 cubic feet in both commercial and residential wine cellars. This ducted unit uses 10-inch ducting and requires insulated ducting on the cold side. The 2,500 cubic feet cellar size assumes that the cellar is constructed with insulation of R19 or better in all walls and ceiling (ie no glass or uninsulated concrete), a setpoint of 55℉ inside the cellar and ambient temperatures up to 85℉ outside the cellar. Ducting wil add additional load and should be considered in the sizing calculation.
Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110℉ more effectively than similar units from competing brands. AH8500SCh units also are quieter than comparable units from other brands.
- Total Watts 1408 (low fan speed)
- Startup Amps 53.0 Amps
- Unit Amp Rating 17.1 Amps (high fan speed)
- Height 19.3 in
- Width 37.2 in
- Depth 18.6 in
- Capacity 7156 BTUH @ 55℉
- Weight 170 lbs.
- Electrical Requirements 115V AC / 60 Hz
- Power Rating 115V AC / 60 Hz
Condensing Unit Decibels
- Low Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted 54 dbA / 67 dbA
- High Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted 64 dbA / 77 dbA
- Med Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 59 dbA / 72 dbA
BTUH @ 55℉/ Evaporator Decibels
- Low Fan Speed 6245 / 47 dbA
- High Fan Speed 7156 / 59 dbA
- Medium Fan Speed 6649 / 51 dbA
- BTUH @ 55℉/ Evaporator Decibels 3/4 Ton Nominal
The CellarPro AH8500SCh Cooling Unit is engineered to provide maximum cooling power and adjustable humidity control for cellars up to 2,500 cubic feet. The evaporator and the condensing unit each can be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 equivalent feet per duct.) Designed for internal installations, the AH8500SCh includes a variable- speed fan on the evaporator with a low setting for quieter operation and a high setting for maximum power. This unit has a horizontal configuration for installations in locations with limited height and/or vertical constraints (eg above the ceiling in an attic).
- CellarPro Air Handlers are engineered to be ducted with 10-inch insulated ducting on the cold side (evaporator) and/or 10-inch ducting on the hot side (condensing unit), allowing the equipment can be located out-of-sight where it won't be heard.
- Our Evaporators are built with high-output centrifugal fans which include variable speed settings for your choice of cooling power to meet ambient and seasonal requirements.
- Optional integrated humidifier provides the ultimate control of moisture levels inside your cellar.
- Optional integrated heater (900W and 1800W) provides heat for wine cellars that are exposed to temperatures below 55℉.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed through a 1/2" drain line that exits from a choice of knockouts in the evaporator.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance- needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- Remote bottle probe and duct adapters are included as standard equipment.
- Factory-installed Expansion Valve ensures maximum operating precision and range.
- Removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- Cooling system is fully-charged with refrigerant and ready-to-use out of the box.
- CellarPro's 2-Year/5-Year Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
CellarPro AH8500SCv units are fully-charged and ready to use out of the box. These cooling units are designed to be ducted up to 100 Equivalent Feet (50 Feet per Duct) with 10-inch ducting .
Collars or grills for EXHAUST (ie Supply) are located at the front (shown at left), right, rear or top (EVAPORATOR ONLY) of the cooling system, and are interchangeable to meet your specific requirement.
Collars or grills for INTAKE (ie Return) are located on the left for both the evaporator and condenser, and include professional-grade air filters to protect the unit.
A bottle probe temperature sensor (10' cord) plus your choice of duct collars, indoor grills and blank plates are included in the price of the cooling system.
One cord for the compressor, which pulls 11.2 amps and requires a dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker
One cord for the rest of the components, which pull 5.7 amps and require a dedicated 15 amp circuit breaker
When the control panel is difficult to access, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
When not ducted, the hot side of the cooling unit (condenser) requires 12 inches of unobstructed space in front of the coils, and requires approx. 600-700 CFM of ventilation when installed in a confined space.
For installations in environments below 40℉, AH8500SCh units require our Compressor Heater.
The cold side of the cooling unit (evaporator) should never be exposed to temperatures below 32℉.
We ship these units strapped to a pallet via common carrier with curbside delivery. Inside delivery is available for an additional charge.
To activate your warranty, you must complete and return our Installation Checklist.
CellarPro Manufacturer Warranty
CellarPro Wine Cooling Units 1800 QTL / QT / XT / XTS: For five years from the date of purchase, your CellarPro warranty covers all parts and labor to repair or replace any components in the wine cooling unit that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship.
1800 XT-220V: For two years from the date of purchase, your CellarPro warranty covers all parts and labor to repair or replace any components in the wine cooling unit that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship.
4200VSi / VSx: For five years from the date of purchase, your CellarPro warranty covers the internal compressor if it proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. In addition, for two years from the date of purchase, your CellarPro warranty covers all parts and labor to repair or replace any components the wine cooling unit that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship.
For all products covered by the terms of this warranty, CellarPro will repair or replace the original cooling unit with a new or refurbished cooling unit and, once replaced, the original cooling unit must be returned to CellarPro.
All service provided by CellarPro under the above warranty must be performed by CellarPro or a designated repair facility unless otherwise specified by CellarPro. Purchaser is responsible for shipping the wine cooling unit to and from CellarPro or to and from a designated repair facility, and for removing and reinstalling the wine cooling unit from the wine cellar.
The limited warranty applies only to wine cooling units purchased from the factory or an authorized dealer. Damage caused by others or by any cause beyond the control of CellarPro, shall not be considered defects in material or workmanship and are not covered by the warranty. The limited warranty does not cover any parts or labor to correct any defect caused by negligence, commercial use, accident, or improper use, maintenance, installation, service or repair.
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE FOR EACH WARRANTY ARE THE ONLY ONES, WHICH CELLARPRO WILL PROVIDE, EITHER UNDER THESE WARRANTIES OR UNDER ANY WARRANTY ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW. CELLARPRO WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE BREACH OF THESE WARRANTIES OR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights, which vary from state to state.
To receive parts and/or service contact CellarPro directly by calling 1.877.726.8496.
CellarPro VS Series Extended Warranty (only for VSi units)
- Increases the warranty period on the entire system from 2 to 5 years from the date of purchase
- Covers the cost of all parts and labor to repair or replace defective parts during the warranty period
- Covers the cost of in-home service during the warranty period
- Covers shipping costs via standard ground service during the warranty period
Please note the following terms and conditions:
- A deductible of $99 will be charged per incident
- Cleaning the coils and/or replacing the filter on the cooling unit are not covered by the extended warranty
- Scratches, blemishes and other cosmetic damage caused during transit and/or normal wear-and-tear are not covered by the extended warranty
- Issues related to improper installation and/or usage of the products are not covered by the extended warranty
- The extended warranty is available exclusively to residential customers in the continental U.S. for use in non-commercial applications
- The extended warranty is not available for 220V models
- The extended warranty does not cover accessories
- The extended warranty is not transferable
No Reviews Yet
Condenser Exhaust: Duct Adapter (x1)
Evaporator Intake: Duct Adapter
Evaporator Exhaust: Duct Adapter (x1)
- Wine Cellar Cooling Units