CellarPro's 4000Sh cooling units (1/2 Ton Nominal) are suitable for wine cellars up to 1,000 cubic feet in both commercial and residential wine cellars. The 1,000 cubic feet cellar size assumes that the cellar is constructed with insulation of R19 or better in all walls and ceiling (ie no glass or uninsulated concrete), the cooling unit is not ducted, a setpoint of 55℉ inside the cellar and ambient temperatures up to 85℉ outside the cellar.
Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110℉ more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 4000Sh units also are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands.
- Total Watts 713 (med fan speed)
- Startup Amps 40.0 Amps
- Unit Amp Rating 10.6 Amps (high fan speed)
- Height 10.3 in
- Width 13.5 in
- Depth 18.9 in
- Weight 45 lbs.
- Power/Rating 115V AC / 60 Hz
Condensing Unit Decibels
- Indoor 64
- Outdoor 62
BTUH @ 55℉/ Evaporator Decibels
- Low Fan Speed 3282 / 51 dbA
- High Fan Speed 1/2 Ton Nominal
- Medium Fan Speed 3617 / 55 dbA
Evaporator Unit (including mounting brackets)
- Height 13.2 in
- Width 30.4 in
- Depth 14.4 in
- Capacity 3938 BTUH @ 55℉
- Weight 110 lbs.
The CellarPro 4000Sh cooling system is engineered to provide maximum cooling power and adjustable humidity control for cellars up to 1000 cubic feet. Split refrigeration systems separate the evaporator from the condensing unit, allowing the noise and heat from the condensing unit to be located away from interior living areas. Configurable for internal or external installations, the 4000Sh includes a variable-speed fan on the evaporator with a low setting for quieter operation and a high setting for maximum power. This unit is the same as the 4000S , except that the evaporator is horizontal instead of vertical.
- This unit is designed to separate the heat and noise from the condensing unit from interior living spaces, and can be configured to operate indoors or outdoors in extreme temperature conditions ranging from -20℉ to 110℉.
- Our Evaporators are built with high-output centrifugal fans which include variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or quieter operation (53.7 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed through a 1/2" drain line that exits from a choice of knockouts in the evaporator.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance- needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- Adjustable mounting brackets are included as standard equipment, and multiple knockouts and access points ensure easy installation.
- Factory-installed Expansion Valve and Liquid Line Solenoid Valve (optional) ensure maximum operating precision and range.
- Removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- Sight Glass and Liquid Line Filter/Drier are included for easy installation and maintenance.
- Oversized Receiver allows for long line sets up to 100 equivalent feet and up to 30 vertical feet.
- Auto-reset high-pressure switch protects the system by interrupting power to the compressor when system pressure is too high.
- Evaporator and Condensing Unit are factory- pressurized and shipped with dry nitrogen to ensure leak-free installation.
- CellarPro's 2-Year/5-Year Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
CellarPro 4000Sh units are designed to be installed with the evaporator inside the cellar, and the condensing unit in a remote location.
The Condensing unit can be electronically controlled by and wired to the Evaporator (single power source on the Evaporator side). This configuration allows the Condensing unit to be used in temperatures down to 20℉ with the addition of our compressor heater, or down to -20℉ with the addition of our fan cycling switch AND compressor heater. This configuration requires a 15-amp dedicated circuit breaker for 3000S and 4000S systems, and a 25-amp dedicated circuit breaker for 6000S and 8000S systems.
The Condensing unit can be controlled by a Solenoid valve (dual power source, one each to the Evaporator and Condensing units.) This configuration allows the Condensing unit to be used in temperatures down to 20℉ with the addition of our compressor heater, or 0℉ with the addition of our fan cycling switch AND compressor heater. This configuration requires the evaporator to be wired to a 15-amp circuit breaker, and the condensing unit to be wired to a dedicated 15-amp circuit breaker for 3000S and 4000S systems, a dedicated 20-amp circuit breaker for 6000S systems, and a dedicated 25-amp circuit breaker for 8000S systems
Unlike 3000S evaporators, 3000Sh evaporators cannot be ducted from a remote location and must be located inside the cellar.
When the control panel is difficult to access, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
The condensing unit requires 12 inches of unobstructed space in front of the coils, and requires approx. 600-700 CFM of ventilation when installed in a confined space.
For outdoor installations, we offer an outdoor hood to protect the condensing unit from weather. All outdoor hoods include a compressor heater.
The evaporator should never be exposed to temperatures below 32℉.
Access to the left and right side of the evaporator unit is required for installation.
All split systems must be installed and charged on site by a qualified HVAC professional. Line-set equivalent feet must be calculated in accordance with ASHRAE guidelines; refer to our Line Sizing Chart for more information.
A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
We ship these units strapped to a pallet via common carrier with curbside delivery. Inside delivery is available for an additional charge.
To activate your warranty, you must complete and return our Installation Checklist.
CellarPro Manufacturer Warranty
2 Years (Entire System) / 5 Years (Compressor)
1800 QTL / QT / XT / XTS: For five years from the date of purchase, your CellarPro warranty covers all parts and labor to repair or replace any components in the wine cooling unit that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship. Click here for information about our extended warranty.
**1800 XT-220V:**For two years from the date of purchase, your CellarPro warranty covers all parts and labor to repair or replace any components in the wine cooling unit that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship.
1800 XTSX, 3200 VSi/VSx, 4200 VSi/VSx: For five years from the date of purchase, your CellarPro warranty covers the internal compressor if it proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. In addition, for two years from the date of purchase, your CellarPro warranty covers all parts and labor to repair or replace any components in the wine cooling unit that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship. Click here for information about our extended warranty.
4200VSi / VSx - 220V/50Hz: For one year from the date of purchase, your CellarPro warranty covers all parts and labor to repair or replace any components in the wine cooling unit that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship.
Split Systems: For five years from the date of purchase, your CellarPro warranty covers the internal compressor if it proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. In addition, for two years from the date of original delivery, your CellarPro warranty covers all parts and labor to repair or replace any components in the wine cooling unit that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship. The warranty will not be activated until the Support and Data Service Sheet has been completed and submitted to CellarPro. The warranty period starts from the time of purchase, regardless of the time of activation.
For all products covered by the terms of this warranty, CellarPro will repair or replace the original cooling unit with a new or refurbished cooling unit and, once replaced, the original cooling unit must be returned to CellarPro.
All service provided by CellarPro under the above warranty must be performed by CellarPro or a designated repair facility unless otherwise specified by CellarPro. Purchaser is responsible for shipping the wine cooling unit to and from CellarPro or to and from a designated repair facility, and for removing and reinstalling the wine cooling unit from the wine cellar.
The limited warranty applies only to wine cooling units purchased from the factory or an authorized dealer. Damage caused by others or by any cause beyond the control of CellarPro, shall not be considered defects in material or workmanship and are not covered by the warranty. The limited warranty does not cover any parts or labor to correct any defect caused by negligence, commercial use, accident, or improper use, maintenance, installation, service or repair.
THE REMEDIES DESCRIBED ABOVE FOR EACH WARRANTY ARE THE ONLY ONES, WHICH CELLARPRO WILL PROVIDE, EITHER UNDER THESE WARRANTIES OR UNDER ANY WARRANTY ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW. CELLARPRO WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE BREACH OF THESE WARRANTIES OR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights, which vary from state to state.
To receive parts and/or service and the name of a CellarPro designated repair facility nearest you, contact your CellarPro dealer. You may also contact CellarPro directly by calling us at (877) 726-8496
Manual & Guides
- CellarPro Split Systems Owner's Manual
- CellarPro Split System Mounting Instructions
- CellarPro Split System Evaporator Cut Sheet
- CellarPro Split System Condensing Unit Cut Sheet
- CellarPro Wiring Diagram - Single Power / Electronic Control
- CellarPro Wiring Diagram - Dual Power/ Valve Control
- CellarPro 3000S Mini Refrigerant Piping Diagram
- CellarPro Split System Installation Checklist
No Reviews Yet